Friday, March 6, 2009

Comedic Response to Entitlement

One way to approach the entitlement mentality is through comedy. This clip on youtube does just that....reduces our ever-changing perspectives to absurb levels. I've mentioned before that media outlets are a great way to produce change in public opinion and consequent public policies. Differing approaches that promote ideas can be a good thing. This time, it's a comedian on the soap box....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGYx35ypus

Do you think comedy is capable of producing change?

2 comments:

  1. I have seen this clip before, but every time I see it it makes me laugh. I often wonder if a depression wouldn't be so bad for this country because too many of us are becoming spoiled brats.

    To answer your question, yes I think comedy does have the power to change things. Most actors aren't very bright, but comedians are usually very astute and pick up on things in society very quickly. Comedy also has a way of putting defenses down, so yes I definitely think it has the power to change things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think comedy throws reality in our face. Which I think is a very good thing. I think comedy can make us aware of how life is changing but comedy does not necessarily make that change.

    ReplyDelete